Our History

Adventist Health Tillamook (formerly Tillamook Regional Medical Center) was built on its current site in 1950, at a cost of $1,175,000. In 1973, Tillamook County signed a long-term management lease agreement with Northwest Medical Foundation of Tillamook, a non-profit health care corporation affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church and owned by Adventist Health.

In 1975, county citizens approved a bond issue, which was combined with federal funds to achieve a $2.4 million hospital improvement project.

In January 1980 NorthWest Medical Foundation merged with Adventist Health. The operation of the facility is a partnership between Adventist Health and Tillamook County, with a long-term lease currently in effect through 2045.

By the 1990's, in meeting community health care needs, hospital services had outgrown the facility's available space and significant remodeling was needed to accommodate modern technologies. In September 1996, voters of Tillamook County overwhelmingly approved a $10 million bond levy to upgrade and renovate the facility.

This project, completed in the Fall of 2000, added 25,000 square feet to the existing building and renovated 38,000 square feet. Improvements were made in a number of departments including Emergency, Surgery, Recovery, Outpatient Services, Laboratory and the Birthing Center. Other areas of improvement included replacement of plumbing and electrical, additional air conditioning, increased capacity of emergency generator, expanded fire alarm system and upgrading of the building to meet current earthquake standards.

Between 2009 and 2013, five medical center-based rural health clinics were established in Manzanita, Tillamook, Pacific City and Lincoln City. Tillamook Medical Plaza, the flagship medical office located immediately east of the medical center, was dedicated and opened for patient care in May 2013. Since then, 4 more clinics have been added. Extended hours and after-hours access to providers are available at all locations. Urgent care is provided at Manzanita, Tillamook, Lincoln City, Vernonia, Banks, Estacada and Hoodland clinics.