For 30 years, Adventist Health Hospice care has been committed to providing compassionate care with a philosophy of treating the patient rather than a disease. Our services are designed to enable patients with advanced illness to live their lives to the fullest by providing them with physical, emotional and spiritual care. Our hospice team of professionals, including doctors, nurses, social workers, home health aides, therapists, clergy and volunteers, are dedicated to providing the best care the patient needs and deserves.
Hospice care is recommended to patients who have determined with their physician that curative treatment is no longer effective or desired and/or life expectancy is six month or less. The services we provide consist of pain and symptom management, offering enhanced quality of life so the patient gets the care and attention they need and want.
Hospice neither hastens nor postpones death. Hospice does not mean giving up hope or doing nothing. It focuses on enabling the patient to spend their life with dignity and enhances their quality of life by making them as comfortable as they want to be.
• 24/7 availability when problems arise
• Spiritual support unique to your spiritual needs
• Emotional support and community resources unique to your needs
• Physician and pharmacy consultation for symptom management
• Occupational, physical, speech therapy, and nutritional counseling
• Bereavement counseling and support for family members and caregivers
• Medications related to the diagnosis and used for symptom management
• Coordination of supplies and medical equipment
• Insurance billing services
Health Insurance Coverage
• Medicare and Medicaid cover all services and supplies necessary during hospice care
• Private insurance companies often cover hospice services but they may not cover the full cost of care. Consult your insurance provider for the coverage they offer.