The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning
January 1st. The total annual compensation package includes all
bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are
not included as they vary according to level and designation by
- Vacation - 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave - 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals - All meals are provided free of charge when provided
in the hospital restaurant. The On Campus Restaurant is open
until 2 a.m. daily. Lunch is served in a private doctor's dining
room. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in
the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking - Secured, gated parking is provided to all house
staff free of charge.
- Housing - Most residents live in nearby communities of
Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available
on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage - Health and dental plans for the house officer
and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage,
State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats - 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per
year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable
- PDA or Pocket PC provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or
shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call.
Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with
both copier and cable access is available in the North building
near resident support areas. This lounge includes a food stocked
refrigerator. Additionally, a second shared resident/employee
lounge is provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for
residents in the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near to resident callrooms.