The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning
January 1st. The total annual compensation package includes all
bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are
not included as they vary according to level and designation by
PGY I $55,131
PGY II $56,462
PGY III $58,783
- Vacation - 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave - 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals - All meals are provided free of charge up to a total of $24.00 per 24 hours (1 day) when provided in the hospital restaurant. Lunch is served in a private doctor’s dining room. Additionally, Refrigerators are stocked with food items which are located in the resident and operating room physician lounges.
- Parking - Secured, gated parking is provided to all house
staff free of charge.
- Housing - Most residents live in nearby communities of
Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available
on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage - Health and dental plans for the house officer
and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage,
State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats - 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per
year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable
- PDA or Pocket PC provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
Call rooms (individual and private, either with private showers or shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on call. Each call room is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge including Kitchen area/Workroom is located on the 2nd Floor of the Main Hospital Building. Area includes several computer work areas, two flat screen TVs, copier, lounging area and meeting table/chairs. Resident mailboxes are included in this area also.