The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning
January 1st. The total annual compensation package includes all
bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are
not included as they vary according to level and designation by
- Time Off - 3 weeks of vacation plus 10 days of sick leave per
- Meals - All meals are provided free of charge when provided
in the hospital restaurant. The On-campus Restaurant is open
until 11 p.m. daily. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in
the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking - Secured, gated parking is provided to all
housestaff free of charge.
- Housing - Most residents live in nearby communities of
Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available
on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage - Health and dental plans for the house officer
and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage,
State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats - 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per
year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable
- Apple iPad provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
- Pay Period - The pay checks are distributed by Medical
Education in a biweekly basis. Bonus checks are distributed to
those up to date with their medical record dictations.
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or
shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call.
Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with
both copier and internet access is available in the North
building near resident support areas. This lounge includes a
stocked refrigerator, lounge area with DirectTV, and pool table.
Additionally, a second shared resident/employee lounge is
provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for residents in
the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near the resident callrooms.