Compensation Package: The compensation figures listed below are
effective beginning January 1st. The total annual compensation
package includes all bonuses, incentives, etc. Board
Prep/Conference Allowances are not included as they vary
according to level and designation by Program Director.
PGY-1: 55,046 MD
PGY-1: $55,031 DO
- Vacation - 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave - 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals - All meals are provided free of charge up to a total of $24.00 per 24 hours (1 day) when provided in the hospital restaurant. Lunch is served in a private doctor’s dining room. Additionally, Refrigerators are stocked with food items which are located in the resident and operating room physician lounges.
- Parking - Secured, gated parking is provided to all house
staff free of charge.
- Housing - Most residents live in nearby communities of
Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also
available on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage - Health and dental plans for the house officer
and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage,
State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats - 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per
year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable
- Netbook provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
- Pay Period - The pay checks are distributed by Medical
Education in a biweekly basis. Bonus checks are distributed to
those up to date with their medical record dictations.
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or
shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call.
Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge including Kitchen area/Workroom is located on the 2nd Floor of the Main Hospital Building. Area includes several computer work areas, two flat screen TVs, copier, lounging area and meeting table/chairs. Resident mailboxes are included in this area also.