Compensation Package: The compensation figures listed below are
effective beginning January 1st. The total annual compensation
package includes all bonuses, incentives, etc. Board
Prep/Conference Allowances are not included as they vary
according to level and designation by Program Director.
- Vacation - 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave - 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals - All meals are provided free of charge when provided
in the hospital restaurant. The On Campus Restaurant is open
until 11 p.m. daily. Lunch is served in a private doctor's dining
room. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in
the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking - Secured, gated parking is provided to all house
staff free of charge.
- Housing - Most residents live in nearby communities of
Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also
available on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage - Health and dental plans for the house officer
and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage,
State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats - 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per
year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable
- Netbook provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
- Pay Period - The pay checks are distributed by Medical
Education in a biweekly basis. Bonus checks are distributed to
those up to date with their medical record dictations.
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or
shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call.
Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with
both copier and cable access is available in the North building
near resident support areas. This lounge includes a food stocked
refrigerator. Additionally, a second shared resident/employee
lounge is provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for
residents in the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near to resident callrooms.