CME Planning Application Process
1. It is very important to plan a CME activity 3-6 months ahead.
2. Complete the Gap Analysis and Pre-Planning
If you have any questions about the pre-planning form, do not hesitate
to contact the CME Coordinator, Evelyn Martinez (x2102).
3. When the pre-planning form is completed, the
next step is to schedule a meeting with
Evelyn and complete the full CME
b. If you are planning a RSS program, the RSS
4. Next step is to have the speaker(s) review and sign the
d. Cultural & Linguistic Competency
g. If there will be commercial support, then a Vendor LOA
must be signed ahead of
time as well.
5. Collect CV from speaker(s).
6. Collect power point presentation from speaker(s).
a. Physician planner should review the power point to make sure
that there is no
completed and signed by physician planner.
b. It is understandable that the faculty presenting does not
always have this prepared
on time;however, if the presentation is not in at least a week
before the event,
then CME credit will not be given.
7. Once all of the forms above are completed, you need to attend
the CME Committee
meeting before the event takes place. The CME Committee meeting
dates for 2015 are
8. The CME committee will review the forms and will decide
whether or not credit will be granted.
Finally, review that you have taken all the correct steps of the CME application process by calling CME coordinator Evelyn Martinez x2102