At White Memorial Medical Center, the compassion and skill of our healthcare professionals has enabled us to establish a reputation for exceptional patient care. We're proud to have been recognized with the following honors:
- Five-time winner of the Eureka award for Performance Excellence from the California Council for Excellence, including the Silver Award
- Five-star awards for ranking in the top 10 percent of participating hospitals for patients' perception of quality of care and customer service
- Gold Seal of Approval for the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Participant in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Premiere Demonstration Project, Institute for Healthcare Improvement and the Society for Thoracic Surgery quality initiatives
- Certificate of Excellence award from CHART, California's state-wide consumer report card.
External Recognition / Awards / Key Accomplishments
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized WMMC’s Stroke Program with the Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for its success in using Get With The Guidelines® to improve quality of care for stroke patients.
- Earned Silver Level Status from the Department of Health & Human Services and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for their National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign for our Donate Life month activities.
- Recognized by the Collaborative Alliance for Nursing Outcomes (CALNOC) for sustained best practice levels in pressure ulcers and patient falls, awarding WMMC with 2013 CALNOC Sustained Excellence Award
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission on 12/05/2013
- Awarded 5-Star Award by Professional Research Consultants (PRC), a research-marketing firm dedicated to the improvement of healthcare nationwide, in the following areas:
— Emergency Department, Overall Quality of Care
— Physician Administration
— Physician Medical Records
— Physician Pathology Services
— Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
— Patient Safety Excellence Award
— Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
— Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
— General Surgery Excellence Award
— Critical Care Excellence Award
— Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award
— Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award
- Ranked #1 in its Best Regional Hospitals Ranking for the Los Angeles Metro Area and #20 in the State of California by U.S. News & World Report
- “A” Rating in The Leapfrog Group’s 2013 Patient Safety Report Card - The Leapfrog Group, an independent nonprofit organization, administers its annual Hospital Safety Score assigning grades to more than 2,500 general hospitals in the United States based on their progress in addressing patient safety.
- Culinary Award - In 2013, our sous chef and executive chef were both winners at the National Premier Culinary Creations Contest to create a healthy recipe using the ancient grain, “polenta.”
- In 2013 the American Diabetes Association recognized WMMC’s Diabetes Self-Management Education Program. Additionally, UniHealth Foundation awarded the program a three-year $1,050,000 grant to enhance the program’s continuum of care and outpatient setting, and to meet the requirement of new health care policies.
- PRC recognized White Memorial’s Emergency Department (ED) with the 5-Star Award for Overall Quality of Care in the ED, an award given to facilities in the 90th percentile in overall quality of care, placing our ED team in the top 10 percent in the nation.
- Family Residency Program Ranked #1 in the State