In 2002, Drs. Donald Cornforth and Donald Fitzgerald had a
vision to bring high quality diagnostic imaging to a community
that was outgrowing its current options. That year, Quest
Imaging was founded by the two board-certified radiologists on
Stockdale Highway, just west of California State University —
Bakersfield. For more than a decade, Quest Imaging has fused
cutting-edge technology with exceptional customer service and
medical expertise to create an imaging experience that is
second-to-none in Kern County.
In 2010, Quest Imaging found a perfect partner in San Joaquin
Community Hospital. The merger between the two
organizations enhanced the mission of both health care
providers, strengthening the services provided to the
Two new locations, Quest Imaging in downtown
Bakersfield (located at 2700 Chester Ave) and Quest Imaging Shafter (located at 1150 Lerdo Highway, Suite A), are now open. Quest Imaging - Downtown is located just across the
street from SJCH and next door to The AIS Cancer Center. This
three-story, 60,000-square-foot facility brings all the
latest radiology technology and includes a new,
state-of-the-art Breast Center.
Features of Quest Imaging Include:
For more information, please call Quest Imaging at 661-633-5000, or to schedule an appointment at 661-633-5001.
- All-digital technology, which reduces wait times for
patients and physicians.
- Expert radiologists, all certified by the American Board of
- Full accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- A private women's center, complete with luxurious spa-like
- 3D mammography
- Kern County's first 3 Tesla MRI, the latest in MRI
- Large-bore MRI equipment to accommodate all patients
- NeuroQuant®, the most precise tool available for giving
early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
- Extended evening and weekend hours to fit your schedule
- Private patient registration and consultation rooms