Did you know that one in five cancer patients leave Kern County for treatment? Worse yet, Kern County has one of the highest cancer rates of any region, both across the state and nation. Unfortunately, in the next 10 years, new cancer cases in Kern County are expected to double. At SJCH, we believe cancer is best fought on your home turf. That's why we invested in a 60,000-square-foot facility right here in Bakersfield. The AIS Cancer Center offers a comprehensive option for cancer diagnosis and treatment, all under one roof.
The AIS Cancer Center includes:
- Radiation and medical oncology
- Affiliation with the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Highly trained, experienced physicians who are board certified in oncology care
- A family-centered approach with the latest information on cancer care and research available to patients
- Kern County's first Varian trueBEAM Linear Accelerator featuring RapidArc technology one of the latest advances in cancer technology which targets a tumor within 1 mm of accuracy
- The Phillips Ambient Experience, which offers patients the ability to take a calming trip to the scene of their choice of an audio and visual experience while undergoing CT-Simulation
- Pending LEED Certification given by the U.S. Green Building Council for facilities with efficient, high quality designs
For more information, please call The AIS Cancer Center at 661-323-HOPE (4673).