Before 2009, Kern County residents in need of specialized burn
care had to travel more than 100 miles — either north to Fresno
or south to Los Angeles — for treatment. That all changed when
San Joaquin Community Hospital partnered with Los
Burn Center to bring a full-treatment burn center to
Bakersfield. Now, all residents — from kindergarteners to
firefighters — can have piece of mind knowing the best burn
care is right here in their hometown.
The Grossman Burn Center at SJCH provides:
- Full-treatment burn care at our four-bed inpatient center
- Outpatient rehabilitation and treatment at The Aera Clinic
- State-of-the-art technology, including a hydrotherapy suite
- World-renowned caregivers and plastic surgeons
- Ongoing support groups and psychological care
- Community education on burn prevention and treatment
- Financial assistance for child burn victims through The
If you or a loved one gets burned, it's important to act fast.
Cool the burn with cold water and contact Bakersfield's only
full-treatment Burn Center.
more information, call the Grossman Burn Center (Inpatient) at
661-869-6135 or The Aera Clinic Grossman Burn Center (Outpatient) at