Do you know someone in high school between the ages of 15–18 years old who is interested
in the medical field or looking for a way to give back to the
community? Enrolling as a junior volunteer at San Joaquin
Community Hospital could be the program for them!
SJCH offers two Junior Volunteer sessions per year, Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer.
Junior Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Provide a copy of current school transcripts or report card
- Have a recommendation from a non-related adult with the
- Wear the Junior Volunteer uniform ($25 cost)
- Attend the mandatory orientation sessions
- Smile and have a great time!
No former volunteer experience is required. However, we expect
all junior volunteers to be mature, dependable and committed to
If you are interested in becoming a Junior Volunteer,
applications are available at the local high school guidance/counselors office and at the SJCH Gift Gallery during the open application period for the upcoming session. All
applications must be complete and accompanied by a copy of your
current transcript or report card. Due to the high volume of
applications, incomplete or late applications will not be
For more information,
please call Volunteer Services at 661-869-6559.