The Junior Volunteer Program is Full for the 2015-2016 School Year!
Please check back in May 2016 for Program Openings.
Making A Difference
Volunteering has always been a proud tradition at
Simi Valley Hospital, dating back to when the hospital opened its
doors in 1965.
That same volunteer spirit that began more than five decades ago
exists today and has made a tremendous difference in the
lives of our patients, hospital guests and staff.
Each year, volunteers contribute thousands of hours of service, supporting essential hospital activities and
providing other important community services, such as the
Over the years, the Department of Volunteer Services has also
contributed valuable dollars to assist with the purchase of
medical equipment in the Emergency Department,
Rehabilitation Therapies and Telemetry.
The Definition of a Volunteer
A Simi Valley Hospital volunteer is anyone who is
willing to donate his or her time to help health care
professionals with a variety of needs. Volunteers have unique
talents and use them in their free time to benefit the hospital.
Here are some of the ways volunteers help out on a daily basis:
- Greet and assist visitors at the front reception desk.
- Clerk in the
Volunteer Guild Gift Shop.
- Assist nursing personnel or the physical therapy staff.
- Aid Emergency Department staff in providing emotional
comfort for those in need.
Volunteers can choose from among a variety of times and days of
the week to provide service to the hospital. The Department of
Volunteer Services will work with you to determine what is best
for your schedule.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Step 1: Complete and submit an online application.
- Step 2: Obtain two personal references, using our personal reference forms.
- Step 3: Email completed personal reference forms to Barbara Reynolds (Barbara.Reynolds@ah.org). Note: Your application will not be processed until personal reference forms have been submitted.
- Step 4: Once your application is complete, you will be notified of your placement on the waiting list. When you reach the top of the list, someone will contact you to set up an interview.
Simi Valley Hospital also has a
Junior Volunteer program.
The Benefits of Volunteering at Simi Valley Hospital
Here are some of the benefits of volunteering at
Simi Valley Hospital:
- Volunteers receive a free meal in the hospital cafeteria for every four hours worked.
- Volunteers are acknowledged annually at a special banquet in their honor.
- Volunteers receive a 10% discount on all gift items in the hospital gift shop.
- Volunteers are invited to the social events planned by the hospital.
- Volunteers receive "Valuable Assets," the organization's monthly newsletter for volunteers.
To begin the process, complete and submit an online adult volunteer application. For
more information on becoming a volunteer, please call the
Department of Volunteer Services at 805-955-6957.