- Have you fallen more than once in the past year?
- Do you take medicine for two or more of the following
diseases: heart disease, hypertension, arthritis, anxiety, and
- Do you need to climb a flight or more of steps each day?
- Do you have dizziness or balance problems frequently?
- Do you have black-outs or seizures?
- Do you sometimes take unnecessary risks?
- Have you experienced a stroke or other neurological problem
that has affected your balance?
- Do you experience numbness or loss of sensation in your legs
- Do you use a walker or wheelchair, or do you need assistance
to get around?
- Are you inactive? (Answer yes if you do not participate in a
regular form of exercise, such as walking or exercising 20-30
minutes at least three times week).
- Do you feel unsteady when you are walking?
If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these questions,
you may have a balance problem, and may want to talk to your