Adventist Medical Center (AMC), located in southeast
Portland, is a nonprofit, 302-bed acute care facility, offering a
full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services
throughout the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area.
- President/Chief Executive Officer: Joyce Newmyer
- Hospital beds: 302
- Staffed by: more than 500 physicians, 2,014 employees and 311
- Service area: 900,000 residents on the east side of the
Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area
- We are a full-service medical center with major emphases in:
surgery, cardiology, oncology, neurosurgery, internal medicine,
emergency services, mental health, orthopedics and obstetrics.
Adventist Health also provides outpatient services in
rehabilitation, laboratory, imaging, home care and hospice in
addition to operating more than 30 medical clinics.
- Opened a 181,000 square foot Pavilion which features
Northwest Regional Heart and Vascular, additional surgical
suites, an expanded Oncology Department, a 32-bed Emergency
Department, physician office space and a multi-level parking
- Expanded medical services at Gresham Station Medical Plaza to
include outpatient medical laboratory, additional imaging and
physical therapy capabilities and 9 primary care physicians.
- Recipient of the American Heart/America Stroke Association's
"Get with the Guidelines" Gold Award for the treatment of stroke
- One of only three hospitals in Oregon accredited by the
Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Received the Cleverly Five Star Hospital Community Value
- Only Oregon HomeCare Elite recipient to rank in the nation's
top 6% for quality care.
- Premier's Top Improver Award recipient for Acute Myocardial
- Established Portland's first human milk depot.
- Infection rates ranked significantly lower than national
- Recognized among the nation's top 10% of hospitals for the
treatment of heart attack patients.
- Recognized for excellence in quality and patient safety by
the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
- Broadened the accessibility and affordability of quality
health services by expanding panel of health insurance companies.
- Recognized by the Multnomah County Health Departments among
the best equipped health systems in the region for disaster
- Expanded Adventist Health Medical Group clinic locations.
- Upgraded an electronic patient record system designed to
enhance access and keep patients informed about their health
We invite you to read our 2014 Annual Report. This year’s annual report is a glimpse into Adventist Health and the 70+ communities we serve everyday. From the Windward side of Oahu to the redwoods of California to Walla Walla Valley in the Pacific Northwest, our mission remains the same, “To share God’s love by providing physical, mental and spiritual healing.”
As always, this report profiles our ambulatory and acute care facilities as well as home care agencies--divided into geographic regions. In addition to highlights, the report includes a financial summary and information about our community outreach activities--valued at more than $334 million in 2014.