Adventist Health—Portland is a faith-based, not-for-profit health care network consisting of a 302-bed medical center, 37 medical clinics and home care and hospice services in the Portland metro area. Our full-service acute care medical center provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities on the eastside. Our key services include cardiovascular care, emergency services, orthopedics, radiation oncology, behavioral health, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation and women’s health.
We are staffed with 549 physicians, 2,031 employees and 270 volunteers from our local communities. In 2014 we had nearly 11,500 admissions, 1,179 deliveries, nearly 53,000 emergency room visits and 150,000 outpatient visits. We provide $134,000 in annual payroll to support living wages in our community.
Our mission and values are core to our daily operations. We are committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care through team members who are passionate about the mission of whole-person care. We also respond to community needs by being a leader in quality health care, health awareness and wellness education
For more than 100 years Adventist Health has served the communities around us with excellent quality and service. We continuously strive to be the best place for patients to receive care, for physicians to practice, for team members to work and for volunteers to serve. Our dedication puts us at the forefront of our industry. A few of our recent events and accomplishments include:
- Receiving top recognition for patient safety from industry watchdogs Healthgrades and Leapfrog
- Hosting two large health fairs focused on heart health and women’s health, providing education and information to improve lives
- Participating in the NAMI walk and the AHA’s Heart Walk where our team of nearly 200 raised more than $11,000
- Hosting a free annual Celebration of Thanksgiving concert, which raised nearly 5,000 pounds of food for the food bank
- Ranking as one of the 12th Healthiest Workplaces in America by Healthiest Employers and being recognized by the Portland Business Journal as one of the top three healthiest employers in Oregon for the third consecutive year