Multiple Joint Replacement
Orthopedic Services at Glendale Adventist Medical
Center offers multiple total joint replacement
surgery for people who require replacement of both knee and/or
hip joints. The advantages of this option are many, including:
- Preparation for and recovery from only one surgery instead of
two, resulting in a typically lower overall complication rate.
- A shorter hospital stay and lower total cost than if
replacements are performed separately.
Candidates for Multiple Joint Replacement
The ideal candidate for multiple joint replacement should meet
the following criteria:
- Good physical condition.
- No cardiac, pulmonary or vascular diseases.
- Severe pain in both joints that interferes with the
activities of daily living.
- Signs of joint damage on x-rays of both joints.
For a referral to a GAMC orthopedic physician who can help determine if multiple joint replacement is right for you,
call (818) 409-8100.