Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. That's why Glendale Adventist Medical Center (GAMC), makes keeping your heart healthy one of our top priorities. To fulfill this mission, GAMC has expanded your options for heart care in Glendale and our surrounding communities with the Heart & Vascular Institute, an outpatient cardiac clinic dedicated to your heart health.
Some of the area's top physicians are part of the Heart & Vascular Institute, bringing you the most advanced treatment options available in cardiology, cardiovascular disease, electrophysiology, interventional radiology and much, much more. Meet our physicians.
The Institute occupies 4,500 square feet on the 2nd floor of the Lee Hughes Medical Building on the GAMC campus. Ten exam rooms, a nuclear camera and a treadmill/echocardiogram room provide state-of-the-art treatment options for patients, all in one convenient, spacious location. Services offered and conditions treated include:
Interventional radiologists at the Heart & Vascular Institute use image guidance to perform minimally invasive techniques. Technology such as CT, fluoroscopy and other imaging methods are used to advance a catheter in the body, usually through an artery, to treat a disease non-surgically.
- Outpatient management of cardiovascular-related diseases and risk factors, including elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as heart disease risk reduction and overall heart health improvement.
- General, nuclear and interventional cardiology (angiography, angioplasty, arteriogram, stent placement).
- Surgical treatment for coronary artery disease and/or valve disease (cardiothoracic surgery).
- Catheters placed in the neck, chest or groin (central venous access).
- Treatment of deep venous thrombosis, or DVT (thrombosis/thrombectomy).
- Treatment of arrhythmias, or irregular heart beats (electrophysiology).
- Liver cancer treatment.
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease, or circulation disorders that affect blood vessels outside the heart and brain (angioplasty, arteriogram, stent placement, thrombolysis).
- Uterine fibroid treatment (minimally invasive embolization).
The Heart & Vascular clinic is the first of its kind in the Glendale, Burbank and Pasadena areas. For more information, or to book your appointment with one of our Heart & Vascular Institute physicians, call (844) 21-HEART or (818) 863-4099.