Frequently Asked Questions about Medical Records
1. How may I request a copy of my medical
We can fax or mail you an authorization form for you to complete.
You can also print one from this web site by clicking here.
2. Is there a charge for me to receive my medical
records? What form of payment do you accept?
There is a charge of $.25 per page after the first 4 pages if
they are for personal use. Prepayment is required for personal
access. An invoice may be mailed prior to the actual records
being mailed to you. There is no charge if sent to physicians or
school nurse, DPSS, attorney, insurance companies. We accept
check, money order, and cash payment in person only.
3. May my spouse request and receive copies of my medical
They may with the appropriate authorization or if he/she is the
executor or has power of attorney over your health-care matters.
Otherwise, no they cannot.
4. What are the hours of operation for the release of
Monday -Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Closed 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.,
weekends and holidays.
5. Will you fax copies to my home or office?
We will fax to your home or doctor's office or hospital if it is
required for patient care.
6. Will you mail the records or will I have to pick them
We will mail the records, unless other arrangements are made in
advance with the release of information staff member.
7. How may I request copies of records from my last
Request them via a signed authorization form from us. If your
visit was at the Feather River Health Center, you may request
them from the FRHC HIM office.
8. May I obtain a copy of my X-ray films from
No, you will need to contact the radiology department directly.
We only have access to the reports.
9. When may I expect to receive a copy of my
The law allows us 14 working days to answer a request. We will
make every effort to get them to you by then.
10. What is your mailing address?
Our mailing address is: Attention: HIM-ROI, Feather River
Hospital, 5974 Pentz Rd, Paradise, CA 95969.
11. What is your fax number?
Our fax number is 530-876-7925