Founded on Seventh-day Adventist health values, Adventist Health is a faith-based, not-for-profit, integrated health care delivery system headquartered in Roseville, California. We provide compassionate care in communities throughout California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
Our entities include:
- 19 hospitals with more than 2,700 beds
- More than 180 clinics and outpatient centers
- 50 rural health clinics
- 14 home care agencies and seven hospice agencies
- Four joint-venture retirement centers
- Workforce of 28,900 includes more than 21,200 employees; 4,500 medical staff physicians; and 3,200 volunteers
We owe much of our heritage and organizational success to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which has long been a promoter of prevention and whole person care. Inspired by our belief in the loving and healing power of Jesus Christ, we aim to bring physical, mental and spiritual health and healing to our neighbors of all faiths.
Every individual, regardless of his/her personal beliefs, is welcome in our facilities. We are also eager to partner with members of other faiths to enhance the health of the communities we serve.
While Adventist Health's holdings are based on the West Coast, Seventh-day Adventist health care spans the entire United States.
Adventist Health has a brochure that briefly explains SDA beliefs. To request a printed copy, please call our Mission Department at 916-781-4760.